Why Is Public Health an Ideal Career Choice for International Students in Australia
Making the world a healthier place is one of the core values that bring together the public health professionals. If you are an individual dedicated to the thought of helping people who need assistance, but you are not a medical practitioner yet, making a career in public health could be your calling.
You can consider a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public health in Australia.
Public health incorporates the features of both the science and art as it helps prevent ailments through collective actions, information resources, and education efforts. It also deals with the mental and physical health, food safety, social well-being, and water pollution.
Public health has a long history of executing policies that had as final result a substantial improvement of the health of people across the globe. Family planning, preventive medicine and vaccination programmes are only a few examples of how public health had a global impact. And you can be a part of this, too!
Some of the most common careers you can pursue after completing a degree in public health are health informatics specialist, epidemiologist, health care administrator, public health project manager, and health and safety engineer.
When it comes to choosing a particular country to earn a degree in public health, we find no better place than Australia. Earning a degree in public health from an Australian university can go a long way towards helping you get a top-paying job in the field.
Following are some of the reasons why you should study public health in Australia:
- The country faces many interesting and challenging environmental issues and health problems (Australians suffer from some of the highest rates of mesothelioma); if you pursue your studies in the public health in the country, you will have an excellent opportunity to see these problems closely, as well as how they are being addressed.
- Australia has some of the finest colleges in the world offering different courses in public health. Colleges there offers students a much broader perspective, and this is something that employers appreciate.
- There are more than 35,000 health job openings in Australia, and the average annual salary for a health job is around $52,318. The Australia government has projected 229,400 jobs by 2018 in the healthcare industry. So, after gaining a health qualification will increase your career prospects for health jobs.
- Australian government offers various scholarships and fellowships to international students wish to study in Australia. These awards sometimes include tuition fee, living expenses, airfare etc.
- Australia is also an excellent study destination for overseas students. In fact, it’s the third most popular education destinations for international students. Friendly natives, peaceful environment, cultural diversity and high quality of education are some of the major attraction that allure international students.
- Through your work as a public health professional, you can make a big difference and significantly contribute to critical missions of the Australian government such as reducing infant mortality and increasing life expectancy. So, what are you waiting for? Join the league of public health care experts and begin with a degree in public health.
For more information about the course, colleges, accommodation etc., you can meet experienced education consultants from AECC Global.