Scholarships to Study in Canada
Canada is a growing hub for international students, with an educational system based on cross-disciplinary studies and great facilities.
Canadian universities are ranked quite high for their distinctive courses, affordable tuition fees. They provide a wide range of scholarships for Nepalese students in Canada to help them fund their studies.
Students are provided with various types of scholarship awards, grants, or bursaries to finance their education by the government of Canada and many post-secondary institutions.
This attracts a large number of Nepali students who are choosing to study abroad in Canada for higher education and better quality of life.
Keep reading to learn more about the popular Scholarship in Canada for Nepalese Students
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- The scholarship in Canada was created to retain top-class doctoral students to put forth Canada as a global centre of excellence in higher learning and research fields.
- This scholarship focuses on any doctoral degrees or a joint MA with a PhD degree. The worth of this scholarship is about $50,000 / year for 3 years.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
- A Canadian Government initiative, Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship, is offered by all recognized Canadian Universities, providing 15 scholarships for international students in Canada per year who want to enrol PhD research programs (fulltime).
- The value of this scholarship In Canada for Masters degree is up to $60,000 each year for a maximum of 3 years ($40,000 for tuition fee and living expenses, $20,000 per year as travel & allowance).
Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) helps graduate students fund their studies in a participating Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Students must accept an offer from a university in Ontario and obtain a valid student permit (visa).
- The award is valued at $10,000 and $15,000 depending on the number of terms in a study program.
Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship
- This scholarship is for students studying in Quebec.
- Financial assistance is available to students studying a master’s level or above.
- Each application is assessed on its own merit.
Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- The Government of Ontario introduced the OTS program in November 2010 to help bring the best performing international students to the province to complete their PhD studies.
- Each PhD scholarship in Canada is worth $40,000 annually, renewable for a maximum of four years.
- 75 scholarships are awarded each year.
Global Affairs International Scholarship Opportunities for Non-Canadians
- The value of scholarships offered by Global Affairs Canada varies depending on the duration and level of study.
- Scholarships range from $7,200 to 14,700.
The information and steps to receive scholarships for international students in Canada are mostly provided by both government and private universities. Refer the table below for more information.
We at AECC Global provide you with information and steps to receive scholarships from both government and private universities. The private universities which offer study abroad scholarships for international students in Canada are:
|S.N.||Institute||Scholarship Name||Amount / Desc||Eligibility||Terms|
|1||University of Canada West||International Student Merit Scholarship||up to CAD 8000 ,||3.2 to 3.39 CGPA||4 years bachelors required for Direct MBA, offer letter received within 2-3 days|
|up to CAD 12000||3.4 to 3.69 CGPA|
|up to CAD 16000||3.7 and Above CGPA|
|up to CAD 5000||Outstanding SOP|
|2||Acsenda School of Management||International Student Merit Scholarship||up to CAD 10000||Competitive Academic Scores||60% & above will get scholarship till entire period of course durations|
|3||Toronto School of Management||International Student Merit Scholarship||up to CAD 7000||Competitive Academic Scores||Need to maintain the Academic Scholarship throughout the course durations|
|4||Centennial College||International Student Merit Scholarship||2500 CAD||Based on academic Scores,.Offer letter Very Quickly, Public college with affordable fee structure||eligible students who have successfully completed two consecutive semesters|
|5||University of Fraser Valley||International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarship||$1,000 to top 10 applicants for Fall entry and top five applicants for Winter entry||International undergraduate student applicants from recognized post-secondary institutions with a minimum GPA of 3.33 (B+).||Short-term visiting students and exchange students are not eligible for this scholarship.|
|6||Brock University||Admission Awards||$4000- $16,000||80 % – 93% and above||all students entering their first year in UG program|
|Specialist High Skills program||$500||Graduates with 80% and above||Graduates entering Brock with an admission average of 80 per cent or higher will automatically be awarded|
|7||Lakehead University||International Entrance Scholarships||$4,000 ($4,000 in Year 1 Only)||75.0% – 79.9%||Available to the top international high school students|
|$20,000 ($5,000 x years)||80.0% – 89.9%|
|$30,000 ($7,500 x years)||90% +|
|8||Thompson Rivers University||UG Entrance Scholarships||$5,000||80% and Above in Grade 12||Applicants are automatically considered|
|TRU Ambassador’s Entrance Scholarship||$22,000||Documented exemplary leadership and community service combined with solid academic performance based on secondary school||Responsibility of student leadership activities during the academic year.|
|BC Graduate Scholarships||$15,000||best and brightest graduate students who are leaders in their fields||Entering their first or second year of full-time on-campus graduate studies program academic excellence|
|9||Conestoga College||Priority Program Scholarships||$1,000||highest academic average||Vocational,Undergraduate,Postgraduate|
|Entrance Excellence Scholarship||$1,500||Applicants will be ranked based on past academic performance.||Awards will be distributed across all countries of origin. For Vocational,Undergraduate,Postgraduate|
|Science and Technology Research Assistantships (PG)||$10,000||Students must have completed at least one year of their program and are continuing full time studies in a subsequent year of study in their degree. Students must also satisfy criteria for the Jobs on Campus program.||Through this initiative, students will work with either an Industrial Research Chair or a Director of a Centre for Excellence and Innovation at Conestoga College. Funds will be distributed throughout the year.|