Why Study in UK from Nepal?
Here’s why you should choose to study in the UK from Nepal!
- Impressive International Reputation: The UK is home to four of the world’s top ten universities and has the second-highest number of Nobel Prize winners in the world.
- Wide Range of Study Options: The top universities in the UK, which have significant global recognition, will provide you with an excellent start for a prosperous career, offering a wide range of courses.
- Lower Cost of Education: Undergraduate degrees in the UK are of three to four years and a master’s program is typically between one and two years, saving your education & living costs.
- Attractive Scholarships: Institutions in the UK offer a variety of scholarships, financial aid, grants, and bursaries to international students.
- Numerous Work Opportunities: The great thing about studying in the UK is that you can work for up to 20 hours per week during term time, and full time when you’re on holiday.
- Part-time jobs for international students in the UK.
The UK Education System - Top Universities in UK
As of 2020, there are 131 universities in England and a further 21 across Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. So for such a small landmass, the UK certainly has a strong concentration of university-level education.
And of those top UK universities, 4 of them rank in the top 6 best universities in the world. With over 50,000 undergraduate courses available, you’ll have innumerable choices when it comes to studying in the UK. So it’s a great place to find the right course for you.
Choosing to study in UK from Nepal is a one-of-a-kind experience that offers high-quality education and academic excellence where you will get a chance to gain a lot of cultural experience and values.
UK Education system and its high-quality courses and indomitable commitment to education and performance will help you to excel in your area of expertise, making you ready for the right job according to your skillset.
- The UK has two types of universities i.e. Traditional universities and Modern/ Post 1992 universities.
- Among the top universities in UK, 4 of them rank in the top 6 best universities in the world. With over 50,000 undergraduate courses available, you’ll have innumerable choices when it comes to studying in the UK. So it’s a great place to find the right course for you.
How Much Does It Cost to Study In UK From Nepal?
Most students choose to study in the UK from Nepal owing to its affordability and high standards of education. It takes less time to attain degrees from the top universities in the UK than in other prospective study destinations.
While other countries take at least four years for an undergraduate degree and two or three years for a postgraduate degree, it takes only three years for an undergraduate degree, and one year for a postgraduate in the United Kingdom. This overall cuts down your expenditure on your education, without compromising on the knowledge sharing and quality of teaching.
In order to study in UK from Nepal, it costs between 10,000 to 25,000 pounds per year for an under-graduation course and ranges up to 40,000 pounds per year for post-graduation. The UK is one of the countries which has an institutionalized, national health care system, which will reduce your overall health care costs.
|How much does it cost to study in UK from Nepal?|
|S.no.||Total cost to study in UK from Nepal||Average fee (in Euros*)|
|1||bachelor degree||GBP 10,000 to GBP 20,000 per year|
|2||master's degree||GBP 10,000 to GBP 20,000 per year|
|3||Doctoral degree||GBP 15,000 to GBP 24,000 per year|
|S.no.||Living cost to study in UK from Nepal||Average fee (in Euros*)|
|2||Accommodation (one bed room)||£400 - £600 per month|
|3||Private Accommodation||£320 - £530 per month|
|4||Bills||£40 - £50 per month|
|5||Housekeeping / Food||£160 - £200 per month|
|6||TV Licence||£12.56 per month|
|7||Mobile phone||£15 - £50 per month|
|8||Shoes / Clothes||£25 per month|
(average membership for the Students Sport centre)
|£10 - £20 per month|
|10||Stationery / Books||£21 per month|
|11||Socialising||£120 per month|
|12||Travel / Transport||£32 per month|
Student Visa to Study in UK
The UK Student visa requirements is an easy and smooth process. Depending on the type of visa you are applying for, the student visa requirements are placed accordingly.
If you want to study a short course, you may be eligible to apply for a short-term study visa in UK which is valid for up to six months. If you want to study a longer course, you’ll need to make sure your chosen institution holds a Tier 4 Sponsor License.
Documentation Checklist for UK Student Visa:
- A valid passport.
- Financial documents in support that covers the expenses for the duration of your course.
- A CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) reference number.
- Passport-sized colour photographs.
- ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) clearance certificate.
Note: Credibility Interview will be conducted at VFS, Nepal.
Health Insurance to Study in UK from Nepal
The United Kingdom has an international student health insurance system called the National Health Service, commonly known as NHS. As an international student, you may qualify to receive the NHS benefit if you have a tier 4 student visa and are studying in the UK for six months or more.
If you qualify for the NHS international student health insurance, you will receive the same benefits as UK citizens.
Students are recommended to purchase international student health insurance even before they travel to the destination. A tier 4 student visa staying in the UK for 6 months or longer will be required to pay an immigration health surcharge as part of their visa application fee.
Best cities to study in UK from Nepal
Every city in the UK is incredibly unique in its own way! Whichever city you choose, you are sure to fall in love with it. There are several great options in the United Kingdom, so no matter where you land up, a promising future lies ahead. Listed below are some of the ideal cities one can look at when considering an education in the U.K.
Why study in London?
London has a grand 18 institutions that occupied the Q.S. World University Rankings in 2020. With two of them standing in the global top 10 universities, London is ranked as the best place to study in the UK
Why study in Edinburgh?
Edinburgh is a city of abundant natural beauty with an illustrious history. The University of Edinburgh procures the 20th place in the world university rankings.
Why study in Manchester?
Considering indicators like the university amenities, employment prospects, and standards of living, Manchester scores well. In fact, It is a student-friendly city that is pretty affordable.
Why study in Glasgow?
Glasgow takes 39th place in the world and remains in fourth place in the “UK Best Student Cities ranking”. Glasgow occupies the top 50th place for the university rankings and the student prospects and holds a diverse student population.
Why study in Coventry?
With 42 per cent of international students residing in the city, Coventry ranks third in the world, making it a diverse place to study in the UK. Coventry ranks 47th in the Best Student Cities index making it a student-friendly one.
Best courses to study in UK from Nepal
Business And Management
Business and Management courses have attained global importance to study in the UK for high levels of academic diligence, thorough industry exposure, with innovation and creativity.
Accounting & Finance:
With the ever-growing global business scenario, the demand for the professional accounting course is increasing every day. There is a multitude of degrees pertaining to this field of study, and UK Universities provide both practical and theoretical understanding of the industry.
It comes as no surprise that a law graduate from the UK is extremely skilled and highly regarded. Law courses are one of the best courses to study in the UK. The courses have been framed to sharpen students’ introspective skills through various on-field practical exercises.
Medical schools in the UK are an ideal choice for those looking for quality research opportunities, internationally recognized programs, and a multicultural study environment. The country holds a reputation like no other when it comes to course practices in the industry.
Requirements to Study in UK for International Students:
- ID documents
- Experience and references
- Valid Passport
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Proof of fund to study & stay in UK
- Recognized Qualifications
- Transcript of Grades
- Relevant Work Experience (if any)
English Proficiency Exam to Study in UK
It is vital to submit English language scores to study in UK from Nepal. The application process is often required by international English exams such as PTE, TOEFL, GRE, SAT or IELTS. Every international student should take any of the acclaimed English tests to apply to a UK University. At AECC Global Nepal, we offer English proficiency coaching to help Nepalese students score high in English language tests such as IELTS, TOEFL and PTE.
How to study in UK from Nepal?
- Fill in the enquiry form below.
- Register With AECC Global And Talk With An Education Counsellor
- Register with UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) With Our Help
- Find a course from the more than 50,000 available
- Take up an English Test (IELTS, TOEFL or PTE)
- Find the right university that suits your preferences and budget (we have great working relationships with many UK universities) to study in UK from Nepal
- Apply online with our assistance (we’ll make it easier)
- Apply for your Tier 4 (General) student visa with our help
- Collect Student Visa Document
- Wait for your approval
- Collect Passport & go
5 Great Reasons to Study in UK from Nepal
- Arguably, you’ll be studying at the best universities in the world
- Learn from leading thinkers in science and technology
- Career prospects – studying at a UK institution like Cambridge or Oxford has instant recognition with employers worldwide
- 442,000 international students choose the UK to study in each year – that’s a lot of great reasons why you should too
- The UK is just a short plane ride from the deserts of Morocco, the rolling hillsides of France and the snow covered mountains of the Swiss alps. Adventure awaits every weekend.
Speak with our experts
To study in the UK, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
Speak with our experts
To study in the UK, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
I was looking for someone to help me with my visa situation and luckily a friend recommended me to AECC and its one recommendation I can’t thank enough. AECC Global assisted me from getting a letter of offer for my education, acquiring a student insurance coverage for my stay, and finally arranging my visa.
AECC Global provided great assistance on my student visa application in Melbourne, Australia. They made sure that I was on the right track as I extended my visa and kept me updated on the application process. Additionally, the team has been very approachable and always there to answer all my queries.
I am ever grateful to the competent team for helping me attain my student visa in no time. The consultation and customer services they provide is efficient and excellent.
Thank you AECC Global for working on my visa over the last couple of months and for quick response when needed. I really appreciate your professional work!
I have been very impressed with AECC Global services, the whole team is efficient and knowledgeable. Thank AECC Global for your great support and guidance through my Professional Year Program and 485 visa.
AECC is very helpful and efficient. They helped me a lot and they are very professional. Good service and good quality.
What students are reading about Studying Abroad in the UK
All international students can work part-time and full-time in the UK. Students from non-EU countries can work an average of 10 hours per week during the semester and 20 hours per week during the vacations or semester break, depending on the type of ...
Home to over a million international students, the USA and UK, are the two sought after study destinations for Nepalese students year after year. As multicultural countries, the USA and UK open doors for knowledge exchange, innovation and create endl...
The need for medicinal professionals is on the rise for decades and the demand continues. Every day, the spectacular service of nurses and other healthcare professionals to bring back people’s lives to normalcy has made the medicine career the most r...
The UK government has confirmed that the International students will be eligible to apply for their post-study work visa after graduating, provided they are back onshore by April 2021.