Top 10 Fully-Funded Scholarships For International Students
If you are planning to study abroad but have a financial crunch, read our blog to find out about the top 10 fully funded scholarships that do not require IELTS as a mandate.
Keep Reading … Has academic excellence been your forte?
Then a fully funded scholarship is right up your alley!
Studying abroad is a dream for many of our people in Nepal. But, it comes with a hefty price.
That does not mean great young minds need to restrict their higher education within Nepal.
Fully funded scholarships for international students sponsor intelligent minds to top-notch universities around the world. These scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, books, literature, and health cover, even providing a monthly stipend.
Table of Contents
- US Fully funded Scholarships for International Students
- Australia Fully funded Scholarships for International Students
- New Zealand Fully funded Scholarships for International Students
What does a fully funded scholarship cover for international students?
- Free education
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation facility
- Airfare from home country
- Funds to buy books and literature
- Healthcare cover
Does this sound attractive to you?
We list down 10 fully funded scholarships from universities around the globe that can be acquired without IELTS. These exclusive scholarships are offered in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand specifically for international students.
US Fully funded Scholarships for International Students
The United States of America offers public, private, and institutional scholarships for international students. These scholarships cover most countries around the world which opens up multiple opportunities for international students to fulfil their dream of studying in America without money as a major concern.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a government-funded scholarship that runs in more than 160 countries. Approximately 4000 students are given this scholarship every year. The FLTA programme is designed to develop Americans' knowledge of foreign cultures and languages.
Did you know FLTA offers teaching assistance in over 30 languages?
What are the benefits of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program?
- Full tuition fee
- A living stipend
- Health insurance
This is a social media campaign by the US education system for the higher education of international students.
US colleges and universities participate in this campaign by offering two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message
What is the requirement for #YOUAREWELCOMEHERE international students?
All applicants are required to either answer a short essay question or present a multimedia project about their ideas for applying their leadership skills on their future campuses.
Civil Society Leadership Award
This is one of the world's largest master's scholarships with a network of universities across Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and North America, including American University Washington College of Law.
CSLA focuses on supporting individuals who show excellent academic and professional excellence. Leadership quality is one essential part of the CSLA scholarship, as the programme focuses on encouraging future leaders.
If you wish to know more about US specific scholarships, read - Top Scholarships in the USA for International Students - AECC Global
Australia Fully funded Scholarships for International Students
Australia is one of the most favourable countries for the Indo-Pacific regions. The accessibility, diversity, and fine educational system makes Australian universities a perfect choice for international students to apply to.
Here is a list of Australian scholarships that international students can choose from.
Australia Awards Scholarship
This scholarship is a long-term award granted by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. It aims to provide ample opportunities to young talents of the Indo-Pacific region. This scholarship applies to all degrees, undergraduates, postgraduates, and PHDs.
What does the Australia Awards Scholarship offer?
- Full tuition fees
- To-and-from airfare tickets between Australia and a direct connect location
- Establishment allowance, which is a one-time payment towards accommodation, expenses, textbooks, and study materials.
- A fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), the basic medical cost excluding any prior medical condition treatment.
- Supplementary academic support to enhance academic growth.
- Fieldwork costs for research students who like to travel for their research purposes.
University of Melbourne Scholarship
This is an exciting opportunity for young minds around the world dreaming to carve their own niche. The University of Melbourne offers high-value scholarships for all bachelor's, master's, and doctoral students.
Click this link and scroll through the options to know more about scholarship - About scholarships at the University of Melbourne (unimelb.edu.au)
Deakin University Scholarships
Deakin University has a presence in 3 locations in Australia- Melbourne, Geelong, and Warrnambool, as well as online. This university offers multiple scholarships so international students have access to a variety of grants that can help them get a quality higher education.
Students just need to filter through the various scholarship programmes and apply accordingly through this link - Find a scholarship | Deakin (https://www.deakin.edu.au/study/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/find-a-scholarship)
How to filter scholarship programmes at Deakin University?
Scholarships at Deakin University can be filtered by level of study, student type, scholarship type, and citizenship.
New Zealand Fully funded Scholarships for International Students
New Zealand has recently opened its borders to international students, broadening the horizons for their study-abroad options.
New Zealand, with its natural beauty and healthy ecosystem, offers high-quality education at a relatively lower price. Also, it welcomes scholars from around the world to gain access to higher education in New Zealand.
They have multiple scholarship programmes, few of which we list here to help you navigate your options of studying in New Zealand on a scholarship.
University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship is only for international students that wish to apply for an on campus course.
This scholarship is intended to support talented international students enrolling in undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato. The scholarship's value is up to NZD $20,000 and is awarded to successful applicants with excellent academic achievements.
University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
The University of Auckland started this scholarship in the year 2016. The aim is to invite high-calibre students from around the world for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Details on University of Auckland's International Student Excellence Scholarship 2022
10 October, 2022
21 November, 2022
|Number of Offers||
Up to $10,000
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
The Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship Program is a Japanese-sponsored scholarship programme for international students of ADB's qualified countries.
The good news here is that Nepali students qualify for this scholarship!
What are the programmes covered under this scholarship?
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programmes in Engineering
What are the offerings of the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program?
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar's home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar's home country after his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- A citizen of an ADB borrowing member.
- Students should have an approved admission to a master's at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) with a superior academic record.
- A minimum of two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills.
- Age limit of 35 years at the time of application. Exceptional cases are for programmes appropriate for senior officials and managers with an age limit of 45 years.
- Be in good health.
- Agreement to return to the home country after completing the programme.
Dean's International Doctoral Scholarship (FMHS)
This doctoral scholarship programme invites excellent minds for their first doctoral degree in the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences.
This is a $28,000 grant scholarship plus the domestic fees, insurance, and relocation grant.
No Application Required
International PhD students in the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
Up to 36 months
Assistance with costs associated with doctoral study
|Number of Offers||
If you are interested in studying abroad and need assistance with scholarships or universities, feel free to contact our education counsellors at AECC Global Nepal! We will make sure you get the best options out there!