Student visa for Australia
Australia is one of the most sought after destinations for international students applying to study abroad. Housing hundreds of world-class institutions for a range of courses, Australia promises bright career prospects after graduation.
Australia Student Visa Requirements
- Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Financial requirements.
- English proficiency test score.
- Character Statutory Declaration Form.
- Health Certificate.
Types of Australian Student Visa
- Independent ELICOS Visa – Subclass 570 Elicos Visa is particularly for international students wanting to pursue an ELICOS Course (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students).
- Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa – Subclass 572 VET Student visa is required for international students wanting to pursue Certificate I, II, III, or IV, VET Diploma, Vocational Graduate Certificate, Advanced VET Diploma and Vocational Graduate Diploma.
- Higher Education Sector Visa – Subclass 573 Visa is required for international students to study a higher education course, such as Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, Graduate Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate, and a Master’s degree.
- Postgraduate Research Sector Visa: Subclass 574 PG Research Visa is mandatory for international students travelling to study towards a research-based Doctoral or Master’s Degree.
As an international student, you will be expected to prove your English proficiency by taking one of the accepted standard English tests (IELTS, PTE, TOEFL iBT and CAE). You will need to submit the evidence of your financial status to prove you can pay for your studies and stay in Australia.
OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) is a must and it should be valid throughout your stay in Australia. Some courses require students to have their health checked and certified as healthy by doctors in their country and later approved by the Australian immigration department. Furthermore, a criminal record check is mandatory as a part of your character assessment.
Documents required to apply for a student visa in Australia
- A copy of your passport along with a copy of your driver licence or national identity card and your birth certificate.
- A completed visa application form (157A).
- English test scores.
- Confirmation of Enrolment or an Offer letter from the institution.
- Evidence of your financial capacity to support your studies.
- Health Insurance (OSHC).
- Criminal check record.
- Recent passport-size pictures.
Cost & criteria for a student visa in Australia
To apply for a student visa, you should have secured a COE (Confirmation of Enrolment) or an offer letter from an Australian institution for a CRICOS registered course.
Once all your documents are arranged and in place, you will have to create an ‘ImmiAccount’ online and apply through the portal. You can directly upload the documents and pay the student visa application fee, which is AUD620.
Most applications for a student visa for Australia take a month to process. The best part is that you can apply from anywhere in the world. Once your visa application is lodged, you can view the status of it through your ImmiAccount.
Additionally, you might be asked to attend an interview at your nearest Australian embassy or consulate. With a student visa, you can study two or more related courses if the course gap is less than two calendar months. The overall cost to apply and receive an Australian Student Visa will range between AUD 600 and 700.
What our students say about us
Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our satisfied students are saying about us
"I was looking for someone to help me with my visa situation and luckily a friend recommended me to AECC and its one recommendation I can’t thank enough. AECC Global assisted me from getting a letter of offer for my education, acquiring a student insurance coverage for my stay, and finally arranging my visa."
"AECC Global provided great assistance on my student visa application in Melbourne, Australia. They made sure that I was on the right track as I extended my visa and kept me updated on the application process. Additionally, the team has been very approachable and always there to answer all my queries."
"I am ever grateful to the competent team for helping me attain my student visa in no time. The consultation and customer services they provide is efficient and excellent."
"I knocked the door of different consultancies but they can’t make me sure that I will be studying in Australia. One of my friend suggested me and I came here. Finally AECC Global fulfilled my queries and guided me in every step. At last I got visa."
Talk with our team
about your visa needs
We’d love to help you with your visa and education goals. Get in touch with us to organise an initial consultation.