A valid visa is mandatory to travel overseas. Few countries offer 'On-Arrival visa' depending on the friendly diplomatic tie with respective countries. However, most countries require a valid visa to travel.
- But, how to check visa status?
- Can I check my visa status online?
- Is my passport enough to check my visa status online?
These are some of the most common questions when it comes to visa enquiry.
We crack all these answers for you in our blog. Keep reading...
1. How to check visa status online?
The most authentic way to check visa status online is through the consulate website. There are two essential pieces of information required for this process: Your application ID and your passport number.
Step-by-step guide on how to check your visa status online:
- "Go to the official visa website of the country you are applying to"
- Find the option to track the status of visa applications
- Enter details like your Passport Number/ Acknowledgement Number and Date of Birth
- Complete the captcha code and then click on submit
- Your visa status will then display on the screen
If you go online to check the status of your visa application, chances are you will get multiple third-party websites offering this service to you. However, there is an obligatory registration required on all these websites. This registration process requires additional information like your email ID, date of birth, and multiple other details. Once you give all the mandatory details to the portal it will redirect you to the Live status of your visa application.
On the other hand, Consulate websites are easy to use and pretty straightforward. All you need is to fill in your visa application ID or reference number along with your passport number to get the current status of your visa application.
2. How to check visa status with passport number?
If you have missed your visa Application ID/Reference number, it becomes a little tricky to check your visa status. If you are in a similar situation, do not panic!
You can still get an update on your visa application through your passport number.
Travel agencies, Visa Facilitation Service Agency, or Third-party websites are three go-to stops that provide visa application updates. The good thing about them is that they do not require your visa application ID as a mandate.
However, your passport number is critical in all cases. The Travel Agency and Visa Facilitation Service Agency will only be able to check the status of your application via your passport number.
In the case of third-party websites, they require a few additional information along with passport numbers as primary information. After you provide them with all this information, they can send you the live updates of your visa application.
What is a Visa Reference Number, and where to find it?
The Visa Reference number is a number generated along with your visa application form. You can find your visa reference number in the invoice receipt of your application. It becomes essential to save this invoice receipt if you have applied for your visa application offline.
3. How to check US visa status with a passport number?
There are two ways of checking your visa application status for the US
- Contacting the National Visa Center by phone, at 1-603-334-0700 (Immigrant visa) and 1-603-334-0888 (Non-Immigrant Visa).
- Check the status of your US visa application online at the Consular Electronic Application Center.
VMP enables most citizens or nationals of the participating 39 countries to travel for leisure or business for 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. You can check the list of the countries participating in VMP here, Visa Waiver Program (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program.html)
Quick Read:Know more about Student Visa for USA
4. How to check UAE visa status online?
To check UAE visa status online, you can visit Track visa application and validity - The Official Portal of the UAE Government (https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/visa-and-emirates-id/track-visa-application-and-validity) and get updates on your visa status or visa validity.
You will require the following pieces of information
- Passport number
- Passport validity
5. How to check New Zealand visa status online?
If you have applied for a New Zealand visa online, you are requested to set up an account on the official New Zealand visa website- New Zealand visas | Immigration New Zealand.(https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas) This online registration will provide you login access to your visa application progress. You will also need to provide additional information like the type of your visa category to ensure it gives you the correct information about your visa status.
And, if you have applied for a New Zealand visa offline, then the consulate will notify you about the exact visa processing time. In case you do not get the update in the mentioned time frame, you can contact the consulate about the status of your visa application.
New Zealand visa Applicants can create a Realme account and check out their respective visa conditions on this NZ government-authorized app. This app can be handy to get quick updates about your NZ visa validity and other critical visa conditions at the ease of your phone.
Quick Read: Know more about Student Visa for New Zealand
6. How to check your Australia visa status online?
Australia has a dedicated online visa platform- The Visa Entitlement Verification Online system (VEVO), where you can see your visa details and visa conditions. They also have a VEVO app where users can find every update regarding their Australian visa.
You can also check your Australian visa status through the TRN number.
TRN Number is the Transaction Reference Number given when you apply for the visa online. You can use your TRN number on the VEVO app to check the status of your application.
- Go to Vevo home page(https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions/)
- Click 'Check your own visa status online' tab.
- In the next page, you need to choose one of the 5 options from the drop-down
- DFFTA (A Document For Travel To Australia)
- Titre De Voyage
- On the following page, you will be asked to enter one of the following reference numbers.
- Transaction Reference Number (TRN)
- Visa Evidence Number
- Visa Grant Number
- Enter one of the reference numbers along with your date of birth, document number (the one you have entered in the previous page) and the country of the document in their respective fields.
- Click the checkbox to agree with the terms and conditions of the service and click 'submit'.
- Now you will see the details of your visa/visa application. You can save, email or print this VEVO copy from this page directly.
Quick Read: Know more about Student Visa for Australia
7. How to check visa status online with a passport number for Canada?
To check the visa status for Canada, just go to Check your application status – Immigration and citizenship - Canada.ca (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html) and fill in all the required information.
If you have applied online, the portal will have a separate section where applicants can check their application status. And, for the paper application process, there is a designated link "Link your paper application to your online account" where you can get updates regarding your application. Linking your offline application may require you to sign up for the process using your Sign-in Partner or 'GCKey.'
Quick Read: Know more about Student Visa for Canada
8. How to check UK Visa Status online with your passport number?
To check the status of a UK visa application, go to VFS : Get ApplicantStatus (vfsglobal.com),(https://online.vfsglobal.com/autoschedule-appointment/home/getapplicantstatus) fill in your Reference number and passport number, and click on search. It will lead you to the status of your application. If you have applied offline, the application must have given an estimated time for your application, and if you haven't heard anything within that time frame, you can contact the consulate directly. You can also get an estimate of when your visa request will be approved online. This can be done by visiting the UK's visa processing page.
Quick Read: Know more about Student Visa for UK
9. How to check Malaysia Visa Status online with your passport number?
Malaysia has become the most popular study destination globally where a proper visa checking process has been set up which is usually referred to as the Malaysia Visa Check e-service online. The Immigration Authorities of Malaysia oversees the organization. Malaysia's Ministry of Home Affairs is another. Providing the students can verify the validity of their visas and their authenticity from a reliable online source.
Three simple steps are required to complete it:
1. Selecting the appropriate tab
2. Adding information
3. Monitoring development
Step No. 1: Select the Right Tab
- Open the official EMGS website in your browser at ( https://educationmalaysia.gov.my )to check the status of your application.
- Then, in the visa area, click on the 'TRACK NOW' button near the bottom of the page.
- A form will appear on your screen.
- This is the part where you check your Malaysian visa. To retrieve the information from the EMGS database, please enter your information below (such as your PP number, etc.).
- Therefore, enter your passport number in the "Travel Document Number" area to get started.
- Select your nationality by clicking the drop-down menu.
- From the "Application Type" column, choose the appropriate visa type.
- Then click "Track My Application" after checking the "Confirm" box.
- The most recent status of your visa application will be returned if your information is stored in the database of the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
- The percentage of completion indicates the status of your visa application.
- The percentage of completion would be 0–10% if they had just received your application.
- The EMGS usually takes three to four weeks to fully process an application.
- The summary covers the most important details about your submitted visa application.
- Additionally, the "Application Status & History" displays significant events as they are occurring.
10. How to check Qatar Visa Status online?
The Ministry of Interior (MOI) Qatar website is an e-services portal of the Kingdom where all Qatari citizens can check the status of their pending documents such as visas and residence permits. It also provides services like visa extension, visa approval tracking, visa printing and more.
MoI visa Qatar check and status inquiry:
To check the status of your visa application or your Qatar e-visa, you can either enter your passport number or visa number. To be safe, please prepare both documents or just one of them.
To check the status of your Qatar visa application through the MoI website, follow the steps given below:
- To check your visa status on the MoI website, navigate to the 'Visa Services' section
- Select 'Visa Inquiry & Printing'.
- You will then have the option to check your status using either your visa number or passport number.
- Select your nationality and input the displayed verification code.
- Click on 'Submit', and you will then be able to view the status of your visa.
If your Visa is invalid follow the following steps
- Verify that your visa has been issued and that it is genuine.
- Check to see whether you received any duplicate visas.
- Make sure your travel agency processed your Qatar visa appropriately.
MoI visa Qatar ID check:
- To access official documents on the MoI website, go to the "Other Inquiries" section.
- Select "Official Documents". Enter your QID or passport number, and if required, input your Nationality.
- Ensure that you accurately enter the displayed Captcha code before clicking on the 'Submit' button to proceed with the inquiry.
MoI visa Qatar tracking:
To track the visa approval status follow the steps given below
- To track the approval status of your visit visa, you should visit the MoI website
- Select "Visa Services", followed by "Visa Approval Tracking".
- Input your Application Number and select "Visit" as the Visa Type.
- You will then need to provide the QID of your sponsor or person in charge, your Nationality, and accurately input the displayed Captcha code.
- Finally, click on the 'Submit' button to proceed with the visa approval tracking process.
Qatar residence visa
To track the visa approval status for residency follow the steps given below
- To track your visa approval status, you should visit the MoI website
- Select "Visa Services" before choosing "Visa Approval Tracking".
- Enter your Application Number and select "Residency" as the Visa Type.
- You will then need to provide either your Application Date or the QID Sponsor/Person In Charge details.
- Additionally, you must input the Captcha code displayed on the screen accurately.
- Finally, click on the 'Submit' button to proceed with the visa approval tracking process.
MoI visa Qatar extension:
The Ministry of Interior also permits online visa extensions. The MoI e-services portal allows you to extend your visa using your passport number and visa number. Visitors of Qatar who want to extend their Qatari visa can do so online at the Ministry of Interior (MoI) website:
To extend your visit visa, you can visit the MoI website and
- Select "Visa Services" before choosing "Visit Visa Extension".
- You will be required to input all necessary details, such as your Visa Number, Passport Number, and Nationality.
- Additionally, you must enter the Captcha code displayed on the screen correctly.
- Finally, click on the 'Extend' button to complete the process.
MoI visa Qatar contact number:
If you require additional help, you can reach out to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) Qatar through various channels.
Qatar residents can also utilize the Metrash2 app on their smartphones, available on both iOS and Android, to access MoI services such as visit visas, residency permits, exit permits, e-Gate services, and general inquiries.
MoI Qatar visa expiry date:
The Ministry of Interior (MoI) issues different types of visas with varying validity periods depending on their purpose. For instance
- Joint tourist visas are valid for one month and can be extended for one additional month.
- On the other hand, 72-hour business visas are only valid for 72 hours, while business visas are valid for three months.
- GCC resident visit visas, on the other hand, are valid for one month and can be extended for up to three additional months.
- Family visit visas are valid for one month and can be extended for up to six months.
- Finally, transit visas are valid for a maximum of 96 hours.
What are the details on your visa labels?
Once your visa application is approved, you must check the visa labels and stickers attached to your passport by the Home Office.
The details on your visa labels are as follows:
Visa Name: The specific name of the visa you hold
Visa Expiry: The validity of your visa
Visa Date Expiry: The last date you can enter the country.
Number of Entries: The number of re-entries you are allowed while holding this visa
Visa Conditions: Each visa category clearly defines the conditions of your travel that are all mentioned in your visa labels.
Explore a wide range of courses through our Course search platform or contact a counsellor at AECC Global Nepal right away.